Wednesday, May 30, 2007

MARATHON!!!

Hey!

SO last week I struck up an idea to begin training for the ING NYC Marathon. This is huge for me! 26 miles! I already have friends betting against my finish!

My friend Sam is going to train me. He has already set me on the right track with plan and training schedule. I also have the Fitday food log. Here is the link so you guys can see what I'm eating: http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=jacquida

Today I did 2 miles on the treadmill in 25 minutes. In the morning Iam going to do 2 or 3 miles around the cemetery. I think it's called the Holy Cross Cemetery. It's about 1 mile around. Tomorrow, I am running around it three times. By the end of the month (June) I will be running around it at least 10 times a day.

Currently, 4.5-5 mph is comfortable. Running 5.5 mph tends to get me tired...not out of breathe!!! I can run 5.5 mph for up to 1.5 miles straight. I was thinking a goal of 6-8 mph would be great for the marathon. My goal time for the marathon is 5 hours. The best runners do it in 2-3 hours....so 5 is good.


Think about how thin I will be at the end of all this....and just a few steps away from my pack!!!!!!




No comments: